SLJ Summer Styles

For the Summer Learnign Journey I created a book mark using paper and cool contrasting colours. First I chose a word and used a shape that resembles the word for my design, I chose the word “Loved” and used hearts for my design. I wrote my word in the middle and surrounded it in hearts with warm and cool colours.

I enjoyed this activity because it was fun and I got to use my creativity to create my own bookmark that I can use when reading.

One thought on “SLJ Summer Styles

1. Mōrena Keira,

This is such a fun activity as I love art and seeing everyone’s different interpretations of summer. I think your bookmarks look great and I think the word “loved” is perfect for summertime as summertime is a very family oriented time with Christmas and holidays spent together.

When I think of summer time, the first thing that comes to mind is the beach so if I was to complete this activity I would definitely design a beach themed bookmark!! Do you go to the beach often in summer?

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ