SLJ Kickstart Under the Sea

For the Summer Learning Journey I complated the kickstart activity “Under the Sea.” For this task I created my own under water enviroment. My enviroment includes different species of tropical fish, coral, and a variety of sea creatures. All of the creatures in my enviroment are, jellyfish, crab, starfish, clownfish, cooper banded butterfly fish and schooling bannerfish. Did you know that schooling bannerfish are found between the depth of 5-30m.

I enjoyed this activity because I got to use my creativity and create my own under water enviroment and learn facts about different types of sea creatures.

3 thoughts on “SLJ Kickstart Under the Sea

1. Mōrena Keira,

This looks like another fun and creative art activity. I like the under the sea theme as it has a great connection to summer as summer is all about swimming in the ocean. Do you think we have any of the sea critters in your art at our beaches? I have definitely seen some of them!

I think your art looks awesome and I like all the animals you have added, what made you choose the ones you chose? My favourite has to be that little jellyfish floating around!

It is glad to hear that you found this task interesting, and learnt some really cool facts as well!

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

1. Kia Ora sljzanay,
      Thank you for the awsome comment!
      I also enjoy the underwater sea theme and find it fun and interesting. Some of the creatures that I chose were added because they remind me of my trip to Rarotonga last year. My favourite critter I was also the jellyfish! What made you choose the jellyfish as your favourite?
      Glad you enjoyed viewing my blog.
      – Keirah

2. Kia Ora Keirah,
    I am Whaea Tanya one of the Manaiakalani Facilitators you might see commenting on the SLJ Blogs, I am finding it fun to see the different ways the tasks are completed.

WOW! Your underwater world looks like a paradise. I love all the bright coral and is that Mr Crabs and Patrick I see too? It is wonderful when you can tie in interesting facts with your creativity.

Kia pai tō rā, and keep blogging
    Whaea Tanya
    Ako Hiko Facilitator